. The purpose of nutritional counselling is to improve the overall health, vitality, and well-being of the body through nutritional education and the use of natural foods and non-medicinal nutritional supplements. The Nutritional Therapist, Lisa McDonald, is not a licensed Doctor and does not diagnose diseases, disorders, or conditions.
2. As part of the Nutritional consultation, you may be asked to provide information concerning your physical habits, medical history, moods, energy levels, likes/dislikes, lifestyle, and diet. This information is collected to enable Lisa McDonald to assess your current nutritional status, inform her of the benefits of nutritional practices and recommend dietary changes to improve your general health, vitality, and overall well-being. The Nutritional Therapist, Lisa McDonald will hold this information in confidence and will not release or disclose this information to any other person, without your prior consent, except as required by applicable law.
3. If the Nutritional Therapist, Lisa McDonald, suspects the existence of disease, disorder, or condition, you will be informed of this suspicion. However, you acknowledge this is not a diagnosis or conclusion about the state of your health and that you are directed to promptly consult a licensed Physician or Naturopath about any suspected problems.
4. Should the Nutritional Therapist, Lisa McDonald, recommend dietary changes and/or nutritional supplements to enhance your body’s natural ability to balance and/or support a known disease, disorder or condition, it is your responsibility to disclose the nature of the disease, disorder or condition and all other relevant details. If you have not previously consulted a licensed Physician or Doctor about this disease, disorder, or condition, you acknowledge that you are directed to promptly do so. You are not to alter or discontinue treatments prescribed by a licensed Physician or health professional without consulting the individual who prescribed the treatment.
5. In providing Nutritional Therapy Services to you, the Nutritional Therapist, Lisa McDonald, is relying upon the truth, accuracy, and completeness of all information you have provided to her. Any recommendations you follow for changes in diet, including the use of nutritional supplements, are entirely your responsibility.
6. Payment is required, in full, 48 hours prior to the appointment date. 48 hours is required for cancelling appointments. For appointments cancelled within 24 hours of your appointment time, you will be billed at 50%.
7. You understand that any therapies suggested to you by Flower of Life Nutrition are undertaken of your own free will. You accept that the ultimate responsibility for your health care is your own and that Flower of Life Nutrition is here to support you in this. You understand that your practitioner reserves the right to determine which cases fall outside their scope of practice, in which event an appropriate referral will be recommended.